Sunday, February 26, 2023

The Props!

Props are also a very important part of the film opening. Since I will be focusing mainly on props and what they symbolize, it is important to make clear what props I will use and what they will be used for. As you saw in my storyboard and the previous post about location, I have limited space for the props that I will be using for my opening. Since I will be filming in a room where the only thing clear/visible is a desk, most of my props need to be small.

Duct Tape

In my storyboard, the first thing that the protagonist will do is use duct tape to make a grid. The duct tape will be the first prop used in my film opening. The duct tape will be the most important item/ prop that will symbolize and help show that our protagonist is a perfectionist. The grid that will be made by duct tape will help the protagonist perfectly organize his items.


Razors

Razors will be the first props seen to symbolize the psychotic murderer feel and help create the sense of thriller. Since razors are not a very safe item, these props will start creating a sense of suspense. This along with the next props. This prop will also be the one that reassures the sense of perfectionist. As I put in my storyboard, the razors will be placed on the grid perfectly, and one of them will be slightly out of place, which then will be fixed to make it perfect again by the protagonist.

Poison

Poison is also a very important prop for my film opening since my opening will have many scenes connected to the poison. In my storyboard, I showed that the protagonist would write down labels with letters that are unfamiliar. These labels will then be placed on the bottles. The razors and the grid will already have added a creepy effect to the film opening; this will reassure that the poison is most probably not something good, without having to show that it is poison.


Blades

The blades are the last thing that reassures that this protagonist has some bad intentions. Since razor blades are very dangerous and are not common things to just see, this will finalize the idea that this person is bad. The blades will not be a major prop in the film opening, but they are definitely necessary to complete the opening.


Polaroids

The last prop that I will have is the polaroid. The polaroids will be one last prop to add even more suspicion. These polaroids are also going to help make known that something bad happened or will most probably happen to the people in the polaroid. This is important because this prop helps develop the story/gives the whole perfectionist murderer meaning. They also, along with the blades, help complete the whole thriller sense. 


These are all of the props that I will be using for my film opening. I have completed the planning part of my project. Stay alert for the next post where I will be starting my production!

Sources of pictures:

https://www.bestproducts.com/mens-style/g3080/best-razor-for-men/
https://well.ca/products/olivina-men-double-edge-razor_163345.html
https://www.premiumvials.com/4oz-200-count-green-graduated-oval-rx-bottles-with-child-resistant-caps/
https://hearingreview.com/practice-building/practice-management/continuing-education/polaroids-needed
https://www.tapecase.com/products/tc1111-silver-11-mil-industrial-grade-duct-tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Film opening.mp4