Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The First Draft!

For the past week or so, I have been researching other people's work. I have researched everything about the psychological thriller genre, the work that has been created within the genre, the things that are basically required in a film within the genre, etc. And after all of that research, I can happily say that it is now the time to work on my own creation. Now that I have all of my research complete, I can start planning my plot, characters, scenes, start my schedule, etc. Since I can finally start working on my film opening, I made a schedule to follow.

Schedule:


1. Create a storyboard, make the plot outline, the shot list, etc. (This week)

2. Start my production and complete the whole filming. (The next two weeks; 2/27-3/12)

3. Edit, show people, and revise the film opening. (The week of 3/13- 3/19)

4. Create my Creative Critical Reflection and add finishing touches to the overall project. (The weeks of 3/20-4/3)

This is the schedule that I will be following for the rest of the weeks I have to create this film opening and complete the overall project. I have decided to give myself a whole week (this week) to plan everything that I will be doing for this project: the scenes, the editing techniques, the shots, etc. I wanted to dedicate the next two weeks so that I have enough time to make sure that each scene is the right length to reach the amount of 2 minutes, and not surpass it; also to film the official scenes perfectly. Then I will take one week to edit since the editing should be easy, but it might take a while to edit the whole thing. And lastly, I will give myself the rest of the weeks to add the finishing touches to everything, wrap everything up, and complete my CCR.

Storyboard's First Draft!


Since this week will be dedicated to planning, I have completed the first draft of my storyboard for my film opening! I have decided to name the film Obsession since it will be about a man who is a perfectionist and wants everything to go how he wants it to go. I attached an image down below.


This is only the first draft of the film opening. I will be adding more scenes and taking scenes away. Be sure to keep an eye out for more posts to see the next draft or official storyboard and future plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Film opening.mp4