Thursday, February 23, 2023

The Meeting

Today in our AICE Media class, we had a meeting with our peers to discuss our projects. A lot of the people that I was with gave me some great ideas that I could use for my film opening. I did not know how to incorporate/ make it very clear that the protagonist was a perfectionist, but also a psycho murderer, and one of my peers gave me the idea of making a grid with duck tape and placing props on each specific square all aligned to help incorporate the idea of the perfectionist. After that, he told me that to make it known that the protagonist was a murderer, the props that could be placed in the squares could be suspicious items like razors, knives, poison, etc. I also came up with the idea of also placing pictures of people who we do not know of yet, to also add suspense. Since the pictures of these people are being placed with suspicious items that are dangerous, it can give the audience the idea that these people have something to do with the rest of the film. Another thing that made me stumped was the sound choice of the film. I stated in a previous post that I wanted to use creepy music to add the thriller component to the film opening, however, another one of my peers said that they immediately thought of classical music when they heard the idea that I wanted for my film. The classical music with the weird videos playing could also create a creepy feel, if not make it even more thriller than just creepy music. The meeting went really well and I believe that it helped me receive more ideas for my film. I attached a picture of my peers in the meeting below!


After the meeting, we still had quite some time left before the class ended. I decided to take that time to make a second draft of my storyboard since I had these new ideas fresh in my thoughts. I changed how the scene would start and also added a few clips along with some old ideas.



I can feel the whole plot and ideas developing quickly. By the end of the week, I will be complete with my planning/ researching and will start my filming process soon. Stay tuned to see my production come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Film opening.mp4