Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Ideas Start Forming

Plot Idea

The story/ plot is the most important part of the opening. As you've probably seen in my previous posts, psychological thrillers are very dark and uneasy. They don't need to have jump scares or scary-looking monsters. All the plot needs is a creepy feel and for irregular things to happen to mess with the audience's minds.

My main inspiration is the movie Se7en, which I explained more about in the last post. I am not 100% sure what I exactly want my plot to be, but I have a general idea. I want to start the scene with a clear glass with red liquid in it (I'm not exactly sure what the liquid will be yet); with a bottle dripping the last few drops in the cup. Then I want to make the video glitch into a clip of someone drinking the liquid. But I only want the mouth and lower to be visible, to add that unreliable feel to the scene. The next thing I want to do is show the person putting the glass down in a certain way to show that the character is a perfectionist. (By the way, all of the scenes will transition with a glitch effect.) This is what the beginning of the opening would look like. I do not know yet what the rest of the opening will have, but this is my idea for the beginning which will help me know where to take the rest of the plot.

Editing Ideas

As I think of ideas for my plot, I also start asking questions about how I will edit my opening. As I mentioned before, I would like to transition some of the scenes, or just simply add to the scenes a glitch. The software I will be using to edit my opening will be Adobe Premiere Pro. I found a video on YouTube that gives me an idea of how to create the glitch on Adobe.


After this video, I also wondered how I would show the major names of the director, producer, major actors, etc. I do not want to just attach the names on the corner of the video since I feel that it does not fit the genre very well. After some thinking, I decided that I would want to put the names in a big text on the screen, with the creepy video continuing inside the text. I felt that this would be cool and simple, while still keeping the psychological thriller feel. I also decided to search for a video on how to do this which I attached below.


These are all the ideas that I have come up with for my opening scene. Soon I will develop more, research more, and create a storyboard; stay tuned!

Sources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYBC4Yy7kk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Glr2P0JX_s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Film opening.mp4